Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Things My Kids Say

Our five-year old is a constant source of interesting statements.   The other day, somehow yet again I was stuck picking up the toys (with which I did not play), and since Alexis was nearby, I decided to read her another installment in my series of lectures on how my kids are expected to behave.  I told her that she is to pick up all of the toys she plays with every night and, in fact, has to put them away as soon as she is done playing with them.   Alexis listened for a while quietly and then remarked:  "You are a mommy, so you should act like one."   Taken aback, I asked what she meant by that.  She replied:  "You are a mommy, mommies clean, so -- clean!"   I blame all the Lysol and Tide commercials she watches….

She added to that last night, when I was frustrated with all the sibling fighting that was going on and said to her (not for the first time):  "This is on my last nerve."  She looked at me thoughtfully and very seriously said:  "I didn't know you had that many nerves."   Indeed….

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of motherhood! Especially when the kids remember everything we say, and take it so literally!

    ReplyDelete