Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Friday, May 2, 2014

BurgerFi


If you are in town this weekend and looking for a fun and casual place where you can eat a delicious, juicy burger, head over to BurgerFi.  This new gourmet burger restaurant just opened in Park Place and I was lucky enough to attend its "friends and family" opening last night.


Although the KC metro area has seen a few gourmet burger restaurants open in the last several years, I think BurgerFi will become the new favorite in no time.  The restaurant is in a great location, the space is beautifully done (and kid friendly), and the burgers and frozen custards are like nothing you can get anywhere else.  There are also multiple TV screens throughout the restaurant, so you can catch a game while you eat your meal.

I became interested in BurgerFi when I learned that it uses all-natural free-range Angus beef in its burgers, from the cattle that is raised without antibiotics or hormones.  This is huge for me because I spend a great deal of money and effort avoiding either of those two scary things in the food I eat.  Another big plus is that the meat is never frozen and never cooked in a microwave, and it shows.

The main menu (which lists calories on the website) includes:

  • Five kinds of burgers, as well as "Build Your Best Burger" option, which allows you to make your own creation.  Each burger bun coming out of the kitchen is BurgerFi "branded," which makes it look even more artisanal and gourmet.  The Brisket Burger I tried (made with double natural 28 day dry aged ground brisket) was hands down the best burger I've ever had and I am looking forward to repeating the experience.   Bill had and loved the Build Your Own burger with blue cheese and BurgerFi chili.
  • Five kinds of hot dogs, including 100% Wagyu Kobe Beef Dog.   I think these will be huge kids' favorites.  The little girl sitting next to me was very enthusiastic about her hot dog.
  • Fresh cut fries with multiple fry toppings.  I chose the parmesan cheese & herbs topping and the fries was amazing.  I can't wait to try the salt & vinegar topping next time.
  • Crispy onion rings.  I've never been a big eater of those, but these onion rings, which I tried with the salt & vinegar topping, were giant and crisp and delicious.  Several happy eaters around me also professed love at first bite. 
  • Old-fashioned frozen custards and concretes.  I was in frozen concrete heaven with my samples of red velvet, key lime, O.M.C. (Oh My Chocolate! - with peanut butter!), and tropical freeze.  You can choose from a variety of toppings and mix-ins to customize your experience (including candied pecans, coconut, mango, strawberries, and marshmallows).


  • A variety of soft drinks and water.
  • Wine and craft beer.  


There is also something called "Our Secret Menu," which is included in the fold of the main menu, featuring items like Supreme Burger (with grilled mushrooms), Hippie Veggie (two grilled quinoa burgers served on a potato bun with a side of neon relish), and Urban Fries (Parmesan and herb fries topped with garlic aioli -- I will so have to try these next time!).

Not only BurgerFi is good for you, but it's also good for the environment.  Each BurgerFi store includes earth-friendly elements, like chairs that are made from recycled Coke bottles, tables made out of compressed recycled wood, and large fans that use less electricity.   


We are taking our kids, big burger connoisseurs, to BurgerFi this weekend and I can't wait to see their reaction.  I predict this will be the new family favorite.




1 comment: