Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Clean Green Drinks



A couple of weeks ago I pre-ordered Candice Kumai's new book, Clean Green Drinks:  100+ Cleansing Recipes to Renew & Restore Your Body and Mind.  I get most of my books on Kindle, but, knowing that Candice's books are always gorgeous, I ordered the hardcover copy.  When the book arrived yesterday, I could hardly stay away from it the rest of the evening.   The recipes are simple and provide nutrition information (calories, macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals).  The photography is amazingly beautiful.  The whole book is inspiring.  I spent today being a model health eater.  Also as a very nice surprise, I learned yesterday that I won one of Candice's Clean Green Drinks giveaway prizes from Kitchen IQ.  My kitchen is overjoyed to be getting new gadgets!

The recipes in the book are divided into sections:
  • Cleansing Juices & Smoothies
  • Morning Starter Juices & Smoothies
  • Filling Juices & Smoothies
  • Super Energy-Boosting Juices & Smoothies
  • Post-Workout Lean-Protein Smoothies
  • Skin-Cleansing Juices & Smoothies
  • Superfood Brain-Boosting Smoothies
  • Happy, Flat Tummy Juices & Smoothies
  • Body & Mind:  Calming Juices & Smoothies
  • Immunity-Boosting Juices & Smoothies 
In addition to the recipes, the book covers in detail the nutritional benefits of the smoothie ingredients used in the recipes, from the greens & herbs to super-boosters to thickeners & sweeteners.  It also includes Clean Green Eating & Exercise Guide.   As well as a variety of health information sprinkled throughout the book.

Here is one of the recipes from Candice's book.

The Chocolate Avocado Goddess Smoothie


1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 ripe avocado, pitted
1 frozen banana (I used fresh)
2 tbs dark unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp agave nectar (I used a couple of dates instead)
                         1 cup ice

Add ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

Serves 2.  Per Serving:  180 calories; 12 g fat; 3 g protein; 21 g carbohydrates; 7 g fiber; 9 g sugar; 600 mg potassium; 10% DV calcium; 10% DV Vitamin D; 30% DV Vitamin E; 15% DV folate.







This was delicious and creamy and gave me just enough clean energy to last through a busy afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this looks so lovely!! thank you so much xx Candice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much, Candice! I am a huge fan of your work! Looking forward to trying every single recipe in the book!

      Delete
  2. I ordered this book from your website and can't wait to get it! I love new recipes for healthy smoothies that taste good. Thanks, Natasha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green drink is very supportive to have healthy & strong body. My father is used to take ‘green tea’ early morning. But he additionally believes in physical exercise too to be active throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete