Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Happy Sunday!

Winter is shamelessly stealing our well-earned spring time.  We are one week away from April but somehow we woke up this morning to snow on the ground.    Our Easter bunny flag was flapping in the wind over the snow-covered front lawn, looking surprised and out of place.   Any day now, though, right?  I've been defiantly wearing ballet slippers for the last two weeks.   Although almost every day I am tempted to pull out my UGG boots out of premature storage.

This was yet another busy week and busy weekend.   Most importantly, our extended family welcomed it's newest member!   One of Bill's first cousins had a baby boy on Wednesday!  We can't wait to meet him.   But since he lives half way across the country from us, we will need to wait.

Yesterday, Alexis and I went through five different stores in two hours.  Although Alexis feels fully entitled to at least one toy from each store she visits, I managed to not buy her any toys yesterday.  At store #3, she tried begging for a stuffed Easter bunny and I had to remind her that we have at least three of them already at home.  She then held up the bunny to the cashier and asked:  "Do YOU care if I get the bunny?!"   The cashier honestly said:  "No, I don't care!"    Umm, thanks.  The bunny stayed at the store.  After I returned Alexis home and Emily brought a friend over for a play date, I made yet another run to the home-decorating store.  I wanted to buy a vase for the front hall, which I spotted earlier, and I did.  I also bought two pictures and three metal art pieces.  Bill spent the rest of the afternoon hanging them all up.   Here is one of the pictures, which we hung in the basement.  



We then had our dear friends over for dinner and had a wonderful evening.  Their five-year-old son and Alexis put on quite a show, signing along to Frozen.

This morning, after visiting our family for breakfast, we spent some time looking at fish tanks and fish.  We went to a high end store, where fish tanks+decor+fish go for anywhere from $1,200 to $15,000 and then went to Petsmart, where you buy your own tank, your own decor, your own fish and assemble it all at your own risk.  My guess is, the Petsmart fish wouldn't survive at our house past the evening hours, since no one in the family knows how to take care of fish and I wasn't quite ready to spend hundreds of dollars on a starter fish tank.   So we are still thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment