Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Chocolate Espresso

It's Saturday morning again!  And this means coffee and chocolate croissants at our house.   The croissants come from Trader Joe's and we set them out the night before in the kitchen to rise.   I bake them in the morning, as I make coffee.  Since yesterday was my last day at the firm and on Monday I start a new chapter in my career, it felt appropriate to celebrate not with a quick brewed cup, but with something a bit more decadent.  This drink, inspired by the recipes I saw on Nespresso's site, fit the bill.  It layers 1 tablespoon of condensed milk, 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce, 1 Nespresso cup, frothed milk, which I made in my Aeroccino machine, and cacao powder sifted over a heart stensil, held close to the top of the glass.


1tbsp condensed milk + 1 tbsp of Jen's Zen Chocolate Sauce

Brew a Nespresso lungo capsule on top of the condensed milk and chocolate sauce

Frothed milk on top

Raw cacao sifted through a heart stensil



There is snow on the ground, our fireplace is on, and 
it was so nice to have my sugar and caffeine in peace.  But as much as I'd love it to last and to spend the rest of the day at home, I have to go to two kid birthday parties this afternoon.   I will go wrap birthday presents now.

No comments:

Post a Comment