Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Probiotic Smoothie

I find it quite a challenge to get all the fruits and veggies into my kids that I want them to eat.   They just don't want to sit and patiently chew their way through salads.  When I bought a Vita-Mix three years ago I began making all sorts of smoothies and that all changed.   For the kids, I make my smoothies mostly fruit based, but I often add spinach to the mix (although, not today).   I have several smoothie books and there are lots of smoothie recipes online, but the truth is, you can make a smoothie out of pretty much anything in your fridge.   For extra credit, I like to add probiotics.   Sometimes in powdered form, sometimes from probiotic drinks, like this one.



Into this afternoon's smoothie went:  1 cup chunks of cantaloupe, several frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 2 tangerines, several grapes, 1 cup Siggi's blueberry yogurt, and 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder.  This made 4 glasses of smoothie, so everyone got one.   Alexis was not excited when she saw her smoothie glass but I talked her into drinking half.  After she accomplished that and I tried to take it away from her, honoring my end of the deal, she clutched it with both hands and exclaimed:  "No, this one I like a lot!"


No comments:

Post a Comment