Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Latte & Croissant (Which I Earned)

I started this morning with a twenty-minute run followed by a ten minute walk.  I know a lot of people prefer to measure workouts by miles, but I usually do it by time.   




I don't enjoy running all that much, but Trainer says its really important to get your heart rate up and to spend at least a few minutes a day in your Zone 2.   My Zone 2 right now is quite high and I don't like being in it.  Jogging at 4 percent incline and 4.5 mph just gets me to the top of my Zone 1, which I feel is better than sitting on the couch.   Perhaps 10 years ago I would say that if I can't do it perfectly, I shouldn't do it at all, but the older I get the less black-and-white life and working out seems.   

I can also only run with the anesthetic help of music.  It distracts me from the pain.   I either use iPod + book on Kindle or I play music videos on iPad.   Without this, I am too aware of the utter uncomfortableness of it all.  Trainer says it gets better.  He is probably right.  After spending 10 years being relatively aerobically inactive, it takes time to get to a point where you jog for fun.  I am sure the extra 20 pounds I am carrying now since law school and two children are not helping either.

After the workout it was time for some serious rewards.  Otherwise, what's the point of it all, right?  

I love making lattes on weekend mornings.   I use this Nespresso frother to make foam from unsweetened almond milk.  I then use a microplane grater to add a tiny amount of chocolate on top of the foam on my espresso.   Adding a chocolate croissant from Trader Joe's just makes it all come together.






No comments:

Post a Comment